Friday, August 6, 2010

Art Wolfe [Contemporary Photographer]

Art Wolfe can pretty much photograph anything and it will turn out amazing. You name it, people, places, nature, he does it all. The photographs of the people and the places are all very well done and interesting, but what struck me the most were the more abstract pictures of nature.

There is something I really love about this picture. The contrast between the white snow, dark tree and the bright background is so unusual. There is so much detail in the branches and yet there is a sort of simplicity that makes me want to hang it on my wall.


Although slightly different, this is another one that stood out to me. I love the various colored rocks and the patterns that are formed in the water (at least I think that's water) to the left.



Art Wolfe is great at finding beautiful colors in nature. Here is an example from a hot spring in Yellowstone Park. It almost looks to good to be real.

No comments:

Post a Comment